Software Engineer, Cloud Services Team
Glympse® is the pioneer in real-time, temporary location sharing technology. We incorporate location sharing into a wide variety of consumer and business scenarios, providing first-class customer experiences and a robust platform. We’ve partnered with major brands, including Albertsons, TruGreen, AAA, Williams Sonoma, Papa Johns, Rollins, Steelcase, Charter, and more. We’re proud of how our last-mile solutions help brands deliver a smoother, customer-first experience for when people, products and services are in motion.
We are a small engineering team that works well together. As an organization we are customer focused and passionate about building quality software. We listen closely to what customers tell us they need and we work to deliver and ensure our platform, applications and services are meetings those needs. We are open to trying new things, whether it’s an improvement to an existing feature or something radically different. We want to listen and deliver on these ideas. Developers on the team gain experience with best-in-class tools (Go, Python, Docker, Terraform, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Spark, AWS, etc…).
As the scale and suite of Glympse cloud services grows, the level at which our systems must operate will require producing and using highly-performant algorithms and data structures. It will require solving complex problems involving distributed systems and emergent behavior of real-time, service-oriented architectures. We are seeking a Software Engineer for our Cloud Services Team who is familiar with building and running web applications at scale and interested in solving these challenges. You will own portions of the platform and will have influence on our strategy by helping to define the next features and system architecture.
We are seeking someone who enjoys working on complex system software and can self-manage engineering collaborations across teams while also meeting delivery commitments. You are committed to leading by example. You have strong communication skills, a sense of humor and look at multiple perspectives when designing and implementing solutions.
Day to day you will:
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed software systems and write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Take personal ownership and participate with other developers through design, review, and implementation.
- Deliver on integrated solutions with other teams that meet customer and business objectives.
- Coach and mentor other engineers and take part in the recruitment of fellow engineers.
What we look for:
- A proven track record developing fast, reliable, scalable distributed web services.
- Experience with Golang, Python and/or Java to develop scalable backend services. We are currently taking some services from Python to Go so a passion to work with and expand your knowledgebase with Golang is essential to success.
- Experience with cloud deployed applications using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of RESTful API design.
- Background using asynchronous and concurrent programming models.
- Strong understanding of client-server development in a mobile environment.
- Commitment to and experiences in providing software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, and continuous integration).
- BS in Computer Science or related degree and/or equivalent work history.
Other preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Working knowledge of large-scale data-tier building blocks (MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ and Kafka, or analogous technologies).
- Background in big data design and technologies (Spark, Kafka, Nifi, Redshift, Airflow, or similar).
- Familiarity with Docker and container orchestration (Kubernetes, ECS, or similar).
- Participation or desire to contribute back to open source projects.
What we offer:
Glympse offices are centrally located in the heart of Capitol Hill with modern space that speaks loudly of our culture: collaborative, fun and committed to creating a diverse and open environment. We have daily stand ups and weekly company updates by our CEO over catered lunches that allow us to stay connected and be on the pulse of our business and technology. We take time to celebrate successes big and small, so you will often find us at the hot spots in the city celebrating another milestone achieved!
Our salaries are competitive and we offer a full suite of benefits to choose from.
Interested in learning more? Apply with the button below or email your details to email@example.com.
Glympse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any individuals based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability status or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org