Site Reliability Engineer
Glympse® is the pioneer in real-time temporary location sharing technology. We incorporate location sharing into a wide variety of consumer and business scenarios, providing better customer experiences and a robust platform. We’ve partnered with many organizations including Blackberry, BMW/MINI, Comcast, Ford, Garmin, GM, Gogo Inflight, Virgin Media, Orkin Jaguar/Land Rover, Mercedes, Samsung, Verizon, Vodafone, and Volvo which have integrated the Glympse brand and enterprise platform into their own products and applications.
We are a small engineering team that works well together. As an organization we are customer focused and passionate about building quality software. We listen closely to what customers tell us they need and we work to deliver and ensure our platform, applications and services are meetings those needs. We are open to trying new things, whether it’s an improvement to an existing feature or something radically different. We want to listen and deliver on these ideas. Developers on the team gain experience with best-in-class tools (Go, Python, Docker, Terraform, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Spark, AWS, etc…).
We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to help design and build out CI/CD pipelines and a framework to enable a self-healing infrastructure. You will support our efforts in implementing a service mesh infrastructure and modernize old legacy services, as well as enable an on demand creation of environments. Day to day you will build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed software systems and write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise. We are seeking someone who is collaborative, takes personal ownership and participates with other developers in design, review, and implementations. We are a small team and enjoy a good sense of humor.
Other day to day responsibilities include:
- Partner with the backend development team to understand needs and build tools to help scale services
- Deliver on integrated solutions that meet customer and business objectives
- Closely collaborate and knowledge share with other engineering teams
- Develop, coordinate and drive software/automation projects at agreed upon deadlines
- Respond to production incidents to include hot fixing
What we look for:
- AWS / Cloud Experience
- Containerization (Docker, Nomad, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Messaging / Queuing Systems (Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, Amazon Simple Queue Service [SQS])
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and can effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Desire to learn and continually improve self and others through knowledge sharing
- BS in Computer Science or related degree and/or equivalent work history
What we offer:
Glympse offices are centrally located in the heart of Capitol Hill with modern space that speaks loudly of our culture: collaborative, fun and committed to creating a diverse and open environment. We have daily stand ups and weekly company updates by our CEO over catered lunches that allow us to stay connected and be on the pulse of our business and technology. We take time to celebrate successes big and small, so you will often find us at the hot spots in the city celebrating another milestone achieved!
Our salaries are competitive and we offer a full suite of benefits to choose from.
Interested in learning more? Apply with the button below or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glympse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any individuals based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability status or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com