Glympse® is the pioneer in real-time, temporary location sharing technology. We incorporate location sharing into a wide variety of consumer and business scenarios, providing first-class customer experiences and a robust platform. We’ve partnered with major brands, including Albertsons, TruGreen, AAA, Williams Sonoma, Papa Johns, Rollins, Steelcase, Charter, and more. We’re proud of how our last-mile solutions help brands deliver a smoother, customer-first experience for when people, products, and services are in motion.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed software systems in the context of the Glympse’s cloud platform.
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Partner well with others to deliver integrated solutions with other teams. Able to self-manage simple engineering collaborations across teams and manage your delivery commitments.
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems using custom code and off-the-shelf solutions.
- Take project ownership and guide other developers through design, review, and implementation.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Proven track record developing fast, reliable, scalable distributed web services.
- Real-world experience using asynchronous and concurrent programming models.
- Strong understanding of client-server development in a mobile environment.
- Experience with software engineering best practices ( e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, and continuous integration ).
- Working knowledge of RESTful API design.
- Working knowledge of large-scale data-tier building blocks (MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, or analogous technologies).
- BS in Computer Science or a related degree, or equivalent work history.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Experience using Golang and Python to develop highly-scalable backend services.
- Experience with MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, and Kafka at scale
- Experience with big data design and technologies (Spark, Kafka, Nifi, Redshift, Airflow, or similar)
- Experience with cloud deployed applications using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration (Kubernetes, ECS, or similar)
- Desire to contribute back to open source projects.
Glympse offices are centrally located in the heart of Capitol Hill with modern space that speaks loudly of our culture: collaborative, fun and committed to creating a diverse and open environment. We have daily standups and weekly company updates by our CEO over catered lunches that allow us to stay connected and be on the pulse of our business and technology. We take time to celebrate successes big and small, so you will often find us at the hot spots in the city celebrating another milestone achieved!
Our salaries are competitive, and we offer a full suite of benefits to choose from.
How to Apply:
Interested in learning more? Apply with the button below or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Glympse reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all-encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
Glympse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact email@example.com to request such an accommodation.
You must be authorized to work for any employer at the time of application. We are unable to transfer or sponsor H1B visas at this time or work on a C2C basis.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org