Principal Site Reliability Engineer, Technical Lead
Glympse® is the pioneer in real-time, temporary location sharing technology. We incorporate location sharing into a wide variety of consumer and business scenarios, providing first-class customer experiences and a robust platform. We’ve partnered with major brands, including Albertsons, TruGreen, AAA, Williams Sonoma, Papa Johns, Rollins, Steelcase, Charter, and more. We’re proud of how our last-mile solutions help brands deliver a smoother, customer-first experience for when people, products and services are in motion.
We are a small engineering team that works well together. As an organization we are customer focused and passionate about building quality software. We listen closely to what customers tell us they need and we work to deliver and ensure our platform, applications and services are meetings those needs. We are open to trying new things, whether it’s an improvement to an existing feature or something radically different. We want to listen and deliver on these ideas. Developers on the team gain experience with best-in-class tools (Go, Python, Docker, Terraform, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Spark, AWS, etc…).
We are seeking someone who possesses the attributes of a leader and is interested in providing mentorship to others. Day to day you will build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed software systems and write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise. We are seeking someone who leads by example, takes personal ownership and participates with other developers through design, review, and implementations. We are a small team and enjoy a good sense of humor.
Some key initiatives you will help with:
- Design and build out CI/CD pipelines
- Enable on demand creation of environments
- Build out framework to enable a self-healing infrastructure
- Implement a service mesh infrastructure
- Deprecating old legacy services
- Championing a DevOps culture
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Partner with the backend development team to understand needs and build tools to help scale services
- Deliver on integrated solutions that meet customer and business objectives
- Coach and mentor other engineers and take part in the recruitment of fellow engineers
- Closely collaborate and knowledge share with other engineering teams
- Develop, coordinate and drive software/automation projects at agreed upon deadlines.
- Maintain current knowledge on data privacy and information security topics and their applicable program requirements
- Respond to production incidents to include hot fixing
What we look for:
- A proven track record designing, implementing and operating fault-tolerant, highly-available distributed systems
- Expertise knowledge in containerization, specifically Docker and its ecosystem including Docker hub, Docker private registry and Docker-compose
- Firm understanding of immutability specifically regarding immutable infrastructure
- Previous projects using Python and Golang to develop DevOps tooling
- Experience with HashiCorp open-source tools including Consul, Vault, Terraform, and Nomad and CI/CD platforms such as Shippable, CodeShip, Travis CI, Circle CI, or similar
- Operational experience with large-scale data-tier building blocks, specifically MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Commitment to providing software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, and continuous integration)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and can effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Desire to learn and continually improve self and others through knowledge sharing
- BS in Computer Science or related degree and/or equivalent work history
Other preferred qualifications include:
- Strong understanding of client-server development in a mobile environment
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of RESTful API design
- Firm understanding of DevOps concepts as they relate to “The Three Ways” – quality, feedback loops, and continuous learning/improvement
- Background in big data design and technologies (Spark, Kafka, Nifi, Redshift, Airflow, or similar)
- Participation or desire to contribute back to open source projects
What we offer:
Glympse offices are centrally located in the heart of Capitol Hill with modern space that speaks loudly of our culture: collaborative, fun and committed to creating a diverse and open environment. We have daily stand ups and weekly company updates by our CEO over catered lunches that allow us to stay connected and be on the pulse of our business and technology. We take time to celebrate successes big and small, so you will often find us at the hot spots in the city celebrating another milestone achieved!
Our salaries are competitive and we offer a full suite of benefits to choose from.
Interested in learning more? Apply with the button below or email your details to email@example.com.
Glympse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any individuals based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability status or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org