Glympse® is the pioneer in real-time temporary location sharing technology. We incorporate location sharing into a wide variety of consumer and business scenarios, providing better customer experiences and a robust platform. We’ve partnered with many organizations including Blackberry, BMW/MINI, Comcast, Ford, Garmin, GM, Gogo Inflight, Virgin Media, Orkin Jaguar/Land Rover, Mercedes, Samsung, Verizon, Vodafone, and Volvo which have integrated the Glympse brand and enterprise platform into their own products and applications.
We are a small engineering team that works well together. As an organization we are customer focused and passionate about building quality software. We listen closely to what customers tell us they need, and we work to deliver and ensure our platform, applications and services are meetings those needs. We are open to trying new things, whether it’s an improvement to an existing feature or something radically different. We want to listen and deliver on these ideas. Developers on the team gain experience with best-in-class tools (Go, Python, Docker, Terraform, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Spark, AWS, etc…).
We are seeking a Lead DevOps Engineer with a strong understanding and passion for immutable infrastructure. Day to day you will partner with the backend development team to understand needs and build tools to help scale services. You will be expected to deliver on integrated solutions that meet our customer and business objectives as well as coordinate and drive software and automation projects at agreed upon deadlines. You will take personal ownership and participate with other developers through design, review, and implementations and we will look to you to maintain current knowledge on data privacy and information security topics as well as keep us up to date with best practices.
What we look for:
- A proven track record designing, implementing and operating fault-tolerant, highly-available distributed systems.
- Expertise knowledge in containerization, specifically Docker and its ecosystem including Docker hub, Docker private registry and Docker-compose.
- Firm understanding of immutability specifically regarding immutable infrastructure.
- Previous projects using Python and Golang to develop DevOps tooling.
- Experience with HashiCorp open-source tools including Consul, Vault, Terraform, and Nomad and CI/CD platforms such as Shippable, CodeShip, Travis CI, Circle CI, or similar.
- Operational experience with large-scale data-tier building blocks, specifically MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ and Kafka.
- Commitment to providing software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, and continuous integration).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and can effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Desire to learn and continually improve self and others through knowledge sharing.
- BS in Computer Science or related degree and/or equivalent work history.
Other preferred qualifications include:
- Strong understanding of client-server development in a mobile environment.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of RESTful API design.
- Firm understanding of DevOps concepts as they relate to “The Three Ways” – quality, feedback loops, and continuous learning/improvement.
- Background in big data design and technologies (Spark, Kafka, Nifi, Redshift, Airflow, or similar).
- Participation or desire to contribute back to open source projects.
Interested in learning more? Apply with LinkedIn or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot accommodate H1B transfers or sponsorships at this time. Relocation will be considered for out of state applications.
Glympse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any individuals based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability status or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com