Glympse® is the pioneer in real-time, temporary location sharing technology. We incorporate location sharing into a wide variety of consumer and business scenarios, providing first-class customer experiences and a robust platform. We’ve partnered with major brands, including Albertsons, TruGreen, AAA, Williams Sonoma, Papa Johns, Rollins, Steelcase, Charter, and more. We’re proud of how our last-mile solutions help brands deliver a smoother, customer-first experience for when people, products, and services are in motion.
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing software development team, eager to help understand and evangelize the data we have in support of building out a true Data warehouse and data science practice.
In this role, you will build data solutions related to our location sharing platform and be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data pipeline architecture. You will be a key member in transforming our existing data systems into an extensible and optimized data platform. You will have overall ownership over data privacy, as well as help, enforce data retention policies in transactional data stores. In addition, you will support data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
You should be an experienced data pipeline builder and enjoy optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. You should also be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. You will excel in this role if you are eager to learn and are excited by the prospect of optimizing our data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing data solutions with AWS technologies, Spark, Apache Nifi Databricks.
- Processing structured and unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis.
- Identifying and automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery for greater scalability.
- Working with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and supporting data infrastructure needs.
- Maintaining and ensuring all data is in the Data Warehouse to enhance current reporting capabilities.
- Building data visualization tools that utilize the data pipelines to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Working closely with our engineering team to integrate with a microservices stack.
- Developing best practices for data management, maintenance, reporting, privacy, and security.
- Supporting the completion of rolling over to new priority pipelines.
What we look for:
- Proficient in big data design concepts using Spark, Kafka, Nifi, Redshift, Airflow, or similar
- Proficient in modern ETL systems with DAG design patterns using tools such as Nifi and/or Airflow
- Experience with different types of databases (RDBMS, columnar, document, and blob storage)
- Experience with cloud deployed applications using Amazon Web Services (AWS, EMR / DataBricks).
- Commitment to and experiences in providing software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, and continuous integration).
- BS in Computer Science or related degree and/or equivalent work history.
Other preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Background using asynchronous and concurrent programming models
- Familiarity with linux, docker and container orchestration (Kubernetes, ECS, or similar).
- Participation or desire to contribute back to open source projects.
What we offer:
We are a small engineering team that works well together. As an organization, we are customer focused and passionate about building quality software. We listen closely to what customers tell us they need, and we work to deliver and ensure our platform, applications and services are meetings those needs. We are open to trying new things, whether it’s an improvement to an existing feature or something radically different. We want to listen and deliver on these ideas. Developers on the team gain experience with best-in-class tools (Go, Python, Docker, Terraform, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Spark, AWS, etc…).
Glympse offices are centrally located in the heart of Capitol Hill with modern space that speaks loudly of our culture: collaborative, fun and committed to creating a diverse and open environment. We have daily standups and weekly company updates by our CEO over catered lunches that allow us to stay connected and be on the pulse of our business and technology. We take time to celebrate successes big and small, so you will often find us at the hot spots in the city celebrating another milestone achieved!
Our salaries are competitive, and we offer a full suite of benefits to choose from.
How to Apply:
Interested in learning more? Apply with the button below or email your details to email@example.com.
Glympse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any individuals based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability status or veteran status.
You must be authorized to work for any employer at the time of application. We are unable to transfer or sponsor H1B visas at this time or work on a C2C basis.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org